Aug 29, 2008

The Lawyers Weigh in on the Rhee/Parker Tentative Agreement

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Check out the WTU legal opinion : http://www.dcpswatch.com/wtu/080801.htm

I encourage all to review a copy of the legal opinion which provides a critical survey of the WTU contract information packet. I hope this legal analysis helps DC teachers and providers as they weigh the pros and the cons of an upcoming tentative agreement. The legal opinion titled: "Seniority Rights"was rendered by O'donnell, Schwartz, and Anderson- the D.C. law firm under contract to the WTU. The WTU Executive Board passed a motion to secure a legal opinion on the contract proposal.

I have no problem listening to people who think differently than I do because they challenge my ideas and keep me from being complacent. My only rule of thumb is that if you expect me to respond to your posts - No personal attacks and No ranting PLEASE for obvious reasons ! Posted by Candi

7 comments:

mommilan&jr said...

What do your title mean??? I feel as though you are using scare tactics and lies to persuade people not to trust Rhee and Mr. Parker...that is not me bashing you, that is me stating my opinion. Please do respond...

mommilan&jr said...

What does your title mean? ... excuse my typos... I don't want to sound ignorant...

Anonymous said...

Candi, what do you think Michelle meant when she said "I want to do this wiht you (the teachers and the unino), not to you?" The newspapers said that she said that to George.

Anonymous said...

I meant to add, what do you think her Plan B is?

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that Mommilan&jr feels that way. This isssue is not about trust in my opinion.I have no reason to use scare tactics and I am definitely not a liar but I try to be as transparent as possible. What I have honestly tried to do is to present factual information to all of our WTU members. I believe that certainly all of our WTU members are entitled to review the WTU legal opinion, etc. as I have. What is most unfortunate is that the WTU members do not have the benefit of sitting down with Atty. Jackson of O'donnell, Swartz and Anderson to get to the heart of the Ree/Parker proposal like our board members have and ask the critical questions.

Anonymous said...

My title only refers to the WTU lawyers rendering a legal opinion. In response to Ms. Rhee's comment- I believe she is stating that either we take this conract voluntarily or she will look for ways to impose it upon us involuntarily. In other words it appears to be a threat.

mommilan&jr said...

Well that's the nicest threat I have ever heard of!!! Thanks for responding!